Connective Technologies Ltd and its associated businesses (“We”, “Us” or “Our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms of website use and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read this Privacy Statement and Terms of website use carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (the Regulation), the Connective Technologies Ltd of Orbital House, 20 Eastern Road, RM1 3PJ is registered with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) to process data under registration reference: ZA204728
By registering as a user of the services provided by us or by using our websites generally, you agree to these terms.
Under the Regulation personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• From information that you provide by filling in forms on our site connectivetechnologies.co.uk including its subdomains (“our sites”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our sites, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our sites;
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that communication (including emails and phone call records);
• Where you supply the data to us;
• Where the data about you is provided to us by third party on your behalf;
• From surveys that we may also ask you to complete for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
• From details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders;
• From details of your visits to our sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data;
• From monitoring and support tools which we use to fulfil our contractual obligation or to supply services to you;
• From recruitment process where the information we ask for is used to assess your suitability for employment;
• From publicly available sources, such as internet searches and Company House.
HOW WE USE (PROCESS) YOUR DATA
Our legal bases for processing your data will be one of the following: you have given us a consent to process your data; performance or fulfilment of a contract, legitimate interest where an assessment has been carried out or your consent where necessary, but this will be made clear at the point of data collection.
We will only process your data in the following manner:
• Lawfully, fairly and transparently;
• Only for the purpose stated at the time of collection;
• Only personal data that is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the stated purpose will be collected;
• It is your responsibility to ensure that any personal data you provide is accurate at the time of collection and if there are changes to the personal data, and we will take every reasonable action to ensure the data remains accurate;
• Your personal data will not be kept longer than necessary for the stated purpose except for statistical reasons in which case appropriate technical and organisational measures will be implemented to safeguard your data;
• We will process your data in a manner that ensures security using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
WE MAY USE INFORMATION HELD ABOUT YOU IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our sites are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
• To notify you about changes to our services.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third-parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, email or telephone, for example provisioning of connectivity, telephony services etc.
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you by various means with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you or which may be of interest to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) may contact you by various means if you have consented to this.
USE OF OUR WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA
If you follow a link from our website, application or service to another site or service, this statement will no longer apply. We are not responsible for the information handling practices of third party sites or services and we encourage you to read the privacy statements appearing on those sites or services.
Our websites, applications or services may enable you to share information with social media sites or use social media sites to create your account or to connect your social media account. Those social media sites may automatically provide us with access to certain personal information retained by them about you (for example any content you have viewed). You should be able to manage your privacy settings from within your own third-party social media account(s) to manage what personal information you enable us to access from that account.
Please refer to the Terms of website use for guidance.
We use Google Analytics on our website to improve user experience and to collect statistical data.
If you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics you can do so by following the instruction below: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
WHEN AND HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
We will only disclose personal data to others when we are legally permitted to do so. When we share data with others, we put contractual arrangements and security mechanisms in place to protect the data and to comply with our data protection, confidentiality and security standards.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of Connective Technologies Ltd, including its subsidiaries.
We may share or disclose your personal information to third parties:
• That provide applications/functionality, data processing or other services to us. We use third parties to support us in providing our services and to help provide, run, update and manage our internal systems. For example, customer relation management and monitoring platform providers, cloud-based software-as-a-service providers, identity management, website hosting and management, data analysis, data back-up, security and storage services.
• If Connective Technologies Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of website use or supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Connective Technologies Limited, our subsidiaries, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
TRANSFERRING PERSONAL DATA
In order to provide you with requested products and services the data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement.
Please be aware, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
YOUR RIGHTS (DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS)
Under GDPR, you have the following rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you:
• The Right of Access to obtain from the controller confirmation as to if personal data concerning you is being processed.
• The Right to Rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you.
• The Right to Erasure (otherwise known as the right to be forgotten) of personal data concerning you without undue delay.
• The Right to Restrict Processing under certain conditions.
• The Right to Data Portability where you can receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to have those data transmitted to another controller.
• The Right to Object to processing of your data at any time on grounds relating to your particular situation.
• The Right Not to be Subject to Automated Decision Making including Profiling.
• The Right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority (SA) which in the UK is the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
You will not be charged for data subject access requests (except where the request might be excessive or unreasonable) and you will receive a response to any data subject request within one month (30 days).
You can also exercise any of the above rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We take the security of all the data we hold very seriously. Our staff are trained in cyber security and data privacy. We adhere to industry standards and our clients’ confidential data is located on the secure servers within the UK territory. We have measures in place to keep the data we hold secure.
DATA STORAGE AND RETENTION
All information you provide to us is stored within our secure systems. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
All personal data is subject to a retention schedule which takes into account the statutory retention periods of certain data.
CHANGES AND UPDATES TO THE PRIVACY STATEMENT
Any changes we may make to our privacy statement in the future will be posted on our website and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy statement are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com
General questions, comments and requests should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of last update: 25/05/2018